Top 5 Plants for Easy Care
Make planning your garden or landscape much easier with our easy care plants!
1. Purple Diamond® Loropetalum is a shrub that features bright pink blooms with lush purple foiliage. It works great in USDA zones 7-10 and enjoys full sun to part shade. Purple Diamond® is easy to care for and is fast growing, just water as needed, fertilize in early spring and shape after spring bloom.
2. Jubilation™ Gardenia Who can resist the sweet southern scent of gardenias? Jubilation™ is a compact shrub growing between 3-4 feet tall and 3 feet wide. Enjoy the fragrant white blooms in the spring and a reblooming period through summer and into fall. Plant Jubilation™ in USDA zones 7-10, water as needed and shape after spring bloom.
3. Delta Jazz® Crapemyrtle's brilliant pink blooms contrast vividly with its unique dark burgundy, cupped leaves. This versatile small tree is a stunning garden accent. Plant Delta Jazz® in USDA Zones 7 - 9 and take pleasure in the beautiful blooms all summer long. Water as needed and shape after spring bloom.
4. Little Bonnie™ Spirea a great dwarf spiraea for the deep South, its blue-green foliage does not “burn out” like other spiraeas. Produces profuse lavender-pink spring blooms along with sporadic blooms throughout summer. Little Bonnie works well as a border, container, groundcover or mass planting. Plant this dwarf spirae in USDA Zones 4 - 9, water as needed and fertilize in early spring.
5. Yewtopia® Plum Yew the South’s answer to English Yews! With a slightly upright, vaselike growth habit, this plum yew is heat tolerant, drought resistant, and shade loving. Use Yewtopia® where low growing hedges are needed. Plant Yewtopia® in USDA Zones 6 - 9 and water as needed.