Termed 'Snowflakes' by the gardening public, the Leucojum aestivum is by far one of the most adaptable bulbs ever offered in the South. When people tell us they "can't grow bulbs," we tell them to try Leucojums.
White petals with green dots February to March
Evergreen or Deciduous
7, 8, 9, 10
Returns Year After Year
Accent, Border, Container
Full Sun to Part Shade
Needs occasional watering once established.
Tolerates a wide range
Yearly in early spring
10" H x 12" W
- plant in Full Sun to Part Shade
- dig hole 2X the height of the bulb
- soil should be 2-3" over the bulb
- water after planting
- natural rainfall is best; summer irrigation is o.k.
- mulch in hard frost areas