How To Plant a Border That Shines!
Make a quick and easy border or walkway accent.
Take a look at the how-to video here.
- 3 Round Galvanized Tubs
Tip: Don't forget to drill 2-3 holes in the bottoms of your tubs if they are not pre-drilled!
- Bronze Paint
- Painter's Tape
- Paint Brush
- River Rock
- Potting Soil
- 'Orange Rocket' Barberry
- 'Sunshine' Ligustrum
- Place painter's tape around galvanized tubs
- Paint the tub with bronze paint and allow to dry for 24 hours - once completely dry, remove tape.
- Place river rock in the bottom of galvanized tubs - this will cut down on the amount of soil that is necessary to fill the tub!
- Add soil to the tubs.
- Plant one 'Orange Rocket' Barberry plant in the center of the tub and plant three 'Sunshine' Ligustrum plants around the 'Orange Rocket' Barberry.
Tip: Be careful of 'Orange Rocket' Barberry's small thorns.
- Place your tubs in the landscape at the corner of a fence line or along a property line to create an instant border!