Ternstroemia gymnanthera 'Contherann'
Beautiful maroon new foliage; neat, uniform growth; evergreen leaves turn maroon in fall; excellent medium size hedge or screen.
Maroon new growth
Evergreen or Deciduous
7, 8, 9, 10
Accent, Container, Hedge, Mass Planting, Privacy Planting
Full Sun to Part Shade
Water weekly (or more often in extreme heat).
Well-drained garden soil
Yearly in early spring
10-12' H x 6-7' W
Shape in early spring before first flush
- water before planting
- plant in Full Sun to Part Shade
- dig hole 3X the width of pot,
- backfill and plant 1"-2" above soil level
- water and add more soil if needed
- mulch plants
- fertilize in early spring