As the weather warms, annuals and perennials are growing quickly. We also see our warm-season grasses begin to green up. Here are the plants to feed this time of year.
- Feed rhododendron and azalea plants after they bloom.
- Fertilize summer-flowering shrubs including crapemyrtle and gardenia.
- Annuals and perennials benefit from an application of slow-release fertilizer.
- Ornamental grasses seldom require fertilizer, especially native grasses.
Fruits and Vegetables
- Blueberry: apply the second application six weeks after the initial application.
- Blackberry and Raspberry: Fertilize when plants bloom.
- Continue fertilizing vegetable crops as needed.
- Fertilize warm-season grasses including Bermuda, zoysia grass, and St. Augustine.
Pin to Your Board for Seasonal Reminders!