How to Make a Garden Ghoul
By Carmen Johnston, Garden Lifestyle Expert, The Southern Living Plant Collection.
Are you looking for fun kid's activites to help celebrate the Halloween season?
Not only are container garden ghouls a big hit with the kids, they also make a fun souvenir for them to take home and watch grow!
How to Create your own Container Garden Ghoul
• 17 inch Terra Cotta
• Silver paint pen
• 1 Blush Pink Nandina
• Small to medium sized Witch hat
• 1 bamboo skewer
1. Make sure your container has a hole in the bottom of it so the water can drain once you start watering.
2. Grab the silver paint pen and paint on the Container Garden Ghoul’s face!
3. Pour in the soil until approximately 1 inch below the rim of the container.
Ask your local garden center which container, bark and soil they recommend for you to build your container garden.
4. Remove the brown plastic pot from the Purple Diamond® Loropetalum.
5. Loosen up the root ball and plant Purple Diamond® Loropetalum in the center of your 17 inch terra cotta planter.
7. Place a bamboo skewer in the center of the pot and place the witch hat on top of the Purple Diamond® Loropetalum.
Don’t let it scare you, but you just created a Container Garden Ghoul!