‘Tubergen’s Gem’ Tulip
Tulipa clusiana var. 'Tubergen's Gem'
More than any other group of tulips, the brightly colored species tulips are the best choice for Southern gardens. 'Tubergen's Gem' is a jewel of a flower with a velvety dark yellow and red yellow combination of petals.
Phototropic yellow and red blooms mid-March
Evergreen or Deciduous
6, 7, 8
Returns Year After Year
Accent, Border, Container
Needs occasional watering once established.
Moist well-drained clay soil
Low amt of even n-p-k pre-planting
6-12" H x 12" W
- plant in full sun
- slightly alkaline and dry soil
- dig hole 2X the height of the bulb
- soil should be 2-3" over the bulb
- water after planting
- natural rainfall is best; avoid summer irrigation
- digging and refrigeration are not necessary