Spanish bluebells seen covering the ditches in England can also be seen thriving in abandoned sites and manicured gardens across the South. Their rich blue color, easy care, and stately form make them a favorite.
Rich blue blooms in early spring
Evergreen or Deciduous
6, 7, 8
Returns Year After Year
Accent, Border, Container
Part sun to shade
Needs occasional watering once established.
Well-drained garden soil
Low amt of even n-p-k pre-planting
12-18''H x Clumping
- plant in part sun to shade
- dig hole 2X the height of the bulb
- soil should be 2-3" over the bulb
- water after planting
- natural rainfall is best; summer irrigation is o.k.
- mulch in hard frost areas